The touchscreen display is the primary interface for self-service kiosks. At one time it was considered fully optional, now it is pretty much a given (though some keyboard apps still exist).
The top touch technologies are projected capacitance, analog resistive, surface capacitive, infrared (IR), and surface acoustic wave (SAW). However, SAW, projected capacitive and analog resistive make up 90% of the total market. In 2019 we added contactless touchscreens.
We’ll add in specific suppliers here such
- AUO – All types of touchscreens and displays
- LG Electronics Business Solutions
- Panasonic Restaurant Solutions
- Mimo Monitors – smaller form factor touchscreen monitors, displays, and tablets
- Panel Brite LCDs — all types of high bright + digital signage
- Insight Touch – touchscreens products from 10″ to 98″ customized and supported in US.
- TDS TOUCH– touchscreens of all technologies and design
- General Touch – kiosk touchscreen displays of all sizes
- Wells Gardner – featuring 24/7- 365 day Interactive displays
- Goldfinger – touch monitors