The touchscreen display is the primary interface for self-service kiosks. At one time it was considered fully optional, now it is pretty much a given (though some keyboard apps still exist).
The top touch technologies are projected capacitance, analog resistive, surface capacitive, infrared (IR), and surface acoustic wave (SAW). However, SAW, projected capacitive and analog resistive make up 90% of the total market. In 2019 we added contactless touchscreens.
We’ll add in specific suppliers here such
- AUO – All types of touchscreens and displays
- LG Electronics Business Solutions
- Panasonic Restaurant Solutions
- Mimo Monitors – smaller form factor touchscreen monitors, displays, and tablets
- Panel Brite LCDs — all types of high bright + digital signage
- Insight Touch – touchscreens products from 10″ to 98″ customized and supported in US.
- TDS TOUCH– touchscreens of all technologies and design
- General Touch – kiosk touchscreen displays of all sizes
- Wells Gardner – featuring 24/7- 365 day Interactive displays
- Goldfinger – touch monitors
- Contactless TouchScreen Kiosk – Gesture, IR, Voice, AI, Foot & Mobile Editor Update November 2021 – Be sure and review the latest contactless touch kiosks which are being featured at NRF 2022 by kiosk manufacturers,. Having touchscreens or customer input stations that utilize no-touch touchscreen technology accelerated with the advent of COVID-19 pandemic. How clean are the touchscreens… Read More »
- NoTouch Kiosk & NoTouch Touchscreen Kiosk KioWare innovations for clean touchscreens and the User Monitored Maintenance Cycle Ed Note: Using the kiosk as the “fulcrum” or proxy is not a new idea but it is coming of age with the current situation. These new functions allow users to use their mobile phones as the proxy touchscreen. Statistically their… Read More »
- Touch Screen Solutions by General Touch General Touch has been a leading touch solutions provider in the global marketplace for more than 20 years. By putting the customer’s interest first, GT consistently offers exceptional customer experience and satisfaction through its wide variety of touch technologies and solutions including All-in-One touch systems. WHO WE ARE As a forerunner in… Read
- Touchscreen By InsightTouch Overview ISTouch is located in Silicon Valley, CA. We supply Touch Monitor, Open-Frame TouchScreen and Touch Computer products for the North American touchscreen market. The product sizes are from small 10″ to large 65″ and we focus on PCAP touch technology. Customization is our company’s important strongpoint, tailoring according to customer detailed requirements like high-brightness,… Read More »